"The Town that Disappeared"
Old Pickens Presbyterian Church story begins with the 1828 establishment of a town named Pickens Court House, South Carolina
Today, only the above "original building" stands on the original Main Street site in "the town that disappeared" - the Old Pickens Presbyterian Church and its cemeteries.
The gate to the church and cemeteries is open every day. The church is open to visitors every second and fourth Sunday afternoons from 2:30 to 5:00 beginning April 25 to the last Sunday in October, except when the temperature is above 95 degrees.
It is both interesting and appropriate to note that the one remaining building is the one which provided the community with its most basic needs: faith, family, and country. Visit the Church, the cemeteries and the grounds as an important part of our American Heritage.