"The Town that Disappeared"
Old Pickens Church is now open, with a docent present, every Sunday afternoon from 2:30 to 5:00.
Old Pickens Presbyterian Church story begins with the 1828 establishment of a town named Pickens Court House, South Carolina
Today, only the above "original building" stands on the original Main Street site in "the town that disappeared" - the Old Pickens Presbyterian Church and its cemeteries.
The gate to the church and cemeteries is open every day. The church is open to visitors every Sunday afternoon from 2:30 to 5:00 beginning April 7 to the last Sunday in October.
It is both interesting and appropriate to note that the one remaining building is the one which provided the community with its most basic needs: faith, family, and country. Visit the Church, the cemeteries and the grounds as an important part of our American Heritage.